The Registry of Deeds records, maintains and preserves in an archival format all documents related to real estate from 1840 to present for the 19 towns and locations in Carroll County. These records include, but are not limited to; deeds, survey plans, powers of attorney, mortgages, town tax liens, State of NH liens, Federal IRS liens, writs of attachment, association liens and releases of discharges of the various liens.
Our records can be viewed at the Registry of Deeds located on the first floor of the Carroll County Administration Building at 95 Water Village Road (Rte. 171) in Ossipee, NH. We are open from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday. (In the event of severe weather it is advisable to call ahead). See also Holiday Schedule. The Registry of Deeds follows the State Court Schedule.
Our records are available in traditional bound volumes and all but the very oldest books can be viewed on our computer system. Our indexes are compiled using a true grantor index (the person giving the deed, mortgage etc) and grantee index (the person receiving a deed, discharge of mortgage etc).
* We are the permanent library of all recorded real estate records for the County.
* We will not record copies of documents! All documents brought to us for recording must be the original with original signatures and acknowledgments.
* Our records are indexed alphabetically in chronological order by date of their recording.
* You cannot do any research for any document by physical address or town tax map and lot numbers. You must have the full name of the owner, entity or trust and their respective proper spelling and the town in which the property is located to find their document.
* Our records are not available on-line for security reasons.
* We cannot do legal research. We can assist you by phone to locate the document you are looking for if you have enough information, but cannot do a title search. We can be reached at the above phone number.